Total Pageviews

Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Eye popping!

Hey Vixens!
The question for today is What colors should I wear on my eyes to make them stand out? Your answer is here! Ok let's start with this.... everyone LOVES a smokey eye me being its #1 fan! Maybe you adore a smokey eye but don't wear a lot of makeup so the thought of blacking out your eyes is terrifying (which is understood). Well you don't have to worry because a modern day smokey eye has changed tremendously! More and more you see a smokey eye using different colors like silvers, purples, pinks etc. Any color out there will work! This is a great breakthrough and will help even the most timid to be able to ease into a sexy sultry eye. Now the key to finding what color works best for you. Grab a mirror and some light (natural light preferred but not necessary). Look at the color right around your pupil. Mine happens to be yellow gold so yellows or golds tend to make my eyes really stand out. Does this means I have to put yellow eyeshadow all over just to make my eyes stand out? No! I try to incorporate a little gold into my eyeshadow. Maybe a gold on the lid and some browns in the crease (Video coming soon). Or try using a liner or a bit of shadow right below your lower lash lines. This little hint of color has amazing effects on the eyes! I personally keep my shadows fun but always use black eyeliner. If you are affraid of black eyeliner there are TONs of options these days for eyeliners. Check your favorite makeup line for a variety of fun colors (www.Urbandecay.com www.Makeupforever.com www.Sephora.com). Do you have super dark eyes? Try mixing up your look by replacing your black eyeliner with a purple or blue. Purples or blues work great with brown or dark eyes. Just using a hint of the color will really make a difference! Here are a few of my favorite options for the following eye colors. However you should have fun and find what works best for you!
Blue eyes- golds, plums, black, pinks.
Green or hazel eyes- purples, black, silvers, browns.
Brown or black eyes- dark blues, purples, plums.
Now just remember there are no rules in makeup! Don't be affraid to be sultry! Line those eyes and knock em dead! xoxoxox

1 comment:

  1. Great information! I've got brown eyes and lucky for me I love purples and plums best! :]

    ReplyDelete